he following players were selected from their schools to represent Bath & West Wiltshire SFA for the season 2013/2014.
What happened in 2014?
- Former prime minister Margaret Thatcher died of a stroke at the age of 87. She was the first female prime minister in UK history and led Tory governments between 1979 and 1990.
- Two bombs were detonated at the finish line of the Boston Marathon, killing three people and injuring more than 260 others. The bombs were contained in pressure cookers inside backpacks, according to the FBI.
- Sir Alex Ferguson stepped down as Manchester United manager after 26 years at the helm.
- He left the club having helped them to 13 league titles, two Champions League crowns, five FA Cups and four League Cups.
- Scottish tennis player Andy Murray became the first British man to win Wimbledon since 1936. He defeated Novak Djokovic to claim the title.
- William and Catherine, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, welcomed their firstborn into the world. Prince George was born at St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington, London, and became third in line to the throne.
- Anti-apartheid figurehead and former president of South Africa, Nelson Mandela, died at the age of 95. He spent decades in prison trying to overcome the racial segregation in the nation and was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
|Lyndon||T||St Keyna Pri|
|Miller||F||Academy of Trinity|
|Smith||W||Midsomer Norton Pri|
|Wheeler||L||Midsomer Norton Pri|
|Blackman||F||St Stephens Pri|